Thursday 4 November 2010

Sticker Ideas...

With the 'Reetsweet' craft fair this weekend, I've been playing about with some design ideas for a sticker to seal the bags with if I sell anything at the craft fair.

I had originally wanted to invest in a rubber stamp on a design, from talking to people at the merrion arts market shop, and discussing what is possible that they can do with a design they give them, it all sounded brilliant, and a stamp is a great way of saving time, but I figured that with not much time to produce the sticker and definitely wanting to have something to give to people in regards to more of my work, who I am and what I do for Sunday, it wouldn't be cost effective, as I would be forking out 10pounds for an unfinal design, with not enough work in it.

I also spoke to people and they said that If I'm really wanting to use my own handwritten type then It might be a bit dodgy doing it on a stamp - handing it over to somebody else to create the stamp. So it now seems that I'm not going to bother with the stamp, If I do make one in the next few weeks then I will probably make it myself using acrylic and the laser cutter.


I would like to screenprint them, but for now and on the timescale I have left to pull it all together for the craft fair, I am going to size my chosen design/designs on illustrator and pick a colour background which complements the stickers I have and then cut them out by hand and stick them to the actual stickers themseleves.

It seems that these little decisions could pay off, in many ways, time wise and cost wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment