Sunday 7 November 2010

'Reetsweet' Craft Fair

Today I was at the Corn Exchange for 10am, ready to meet Lolo and Sophia to set up our stall at the 'Reetsweet' craft fair. It was a massive massive success and I sold almost all of the brooches I made! ...AND learnt incredible amounts from the process and from other artists around me. Here are a few photos from the day...


The young woman from the stall opposite us, was the first to buy a couple of my brooches and she even put it on as soon as she'd bought it, which was brilliant as she was kind of a walking advert for my brooches. When I spoke to her at the end she said how she'd been wearing it and people had been asking where she got them from and she would send them in my direction. She was such a lovely person, as I got talking to her I began to ask about how she earns money and she said that this was now her main-incom. When she started out she was on job seekers allowance, but as she got more and more comfotable selling her stuff for weddings, parties and other events and just as homeware, she now has a grant/funding where she gets 50 pounds a week no matter how much or how little she earns...I want to have a look into that and see what it's about! But over the last couple of years she has managed to get enough money together to buy her own khioln and other equipment! Check her stuff out on...

One of the girls I was selling with didn't sell much that day and she also mentioned that you should never be dis-heartened by not selling much some days, she explained that it happens and you just have to accept it. She comes from Sheffield and she did a fair a couple of days before there she only made £30 pounds but at 'Reetsweet' she made £300! The photo below is of ...

Whilst I was there I also got approached by a lady who owns a shop on the top tier of the corn exchange called 'My mother said I should never', she bought one of my brooches and also asked if I sold it in any shops, I said no and she then said If I was interested she would love to sell it in her shop. I have yet to get in contact with her... but its very exciting!
Today we were also given a flyer for another fair in Shipley by a woman, who asked about if we wanted a stall to get in touch, she said she also has a shop so to contact her if we were interested in putting work into the shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment