Thursday 11 November 2010

Re-thinking Business cards...

Been re-thinking my business card venture... I found this lovely website which shows lots of different 'purposed' business cards and also many different ways to go about creating one, which materials and programs.
Rethinking the business card to be more than just a piece of paper to be thrown away is now possible, and it seems materials play a big part in this idea of non-thowaway/must-keeps.


It's brought back to mind the idea of foils... and so I now want to see If I can foil onto wood, I need to have a discussion with Matt about it, not only would it look gorgeous on a business card, but it would look lovely on some of the jewellery I'm working on...

I liked the idea of creating a wooden business card, but I think to much wood would be over-bearing considering that I am making jewllery out of lots of wood already! Also I don't want to stray away from the illustration too much either and so would like to make the business card out of card now I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment