Tuesday 9 November 2010

Michael Landy.

An influence for ideas for repeat pattern for me recently has been Michael Landy, most famous for making an inventory of everything he owned, every piece of furniture, every book, every piece of food! The list took 3 years to write, and contained 7,227 items. Then he set about destroying it all, till nothing but powder remained.

Below is an illustration of some of the objects, I think they are lovely and believe that all these items brought together are really interesting to look at! Let's be honest we're all really nosey at heart! This idea of a collection is brilliant...
I love this drawing of the objects...and I feel that I could do this with the 'vintage' objects I want to draw, but find lots of different versions of one object and create images from them. For example I want to paint and draw as many perfume bottles as I can, as many old patterned cardigans as I can and then possibly put some witty type at the bottom? Cute and quitch illustrations...I may concentrate more on girly objects as this is what is required from the bried Simon gave me. I have become obsessed with this idea of collecting - idea of collections of old vintage homeware/fashion. We'll see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment