Saturday 6 November 2010

Finished brooches...

Tonight I got the brooches all oiled up, packaged and finished ready for tomorrow, I bought some boiled linseed oil as Matt suggested, which really just brings out the grain of the wood nicely and also protects them from dirt on peoples hands. I left them to dry and was careful not to put much on the back so as the glue gun could definitely work it's magic on the non-oily surface. I glue gunned the brooch backs to the brooches, but whilst I was doing it I had to think about where I was putting them, let alone what size to put on. I'd bought 3 different sizes and I found that the 32mm were better suited to most of them, except the little handmirrors', as their wasn't much surface area to work with on this brooch.
In regards the brooches sitting right when people wear them, I glued most of the brooch back horizontally across the top of the back of the brooch, unless I couldn't in which case I stuck them centrally down the middle...








I'm pretty pleased with them and I got Charlotte to take some nice photos of them with her lovely camera...






No comments:

Post a Comment