Tuesday 5 October 2010

Times.

Cut my first few Doilys today, but before I started I was testing what material setting to put it on in the laser cutter and doing practice ones, positioning the laser as it moves from the original setting you set it at, moving to the edge of the bounding box, which is hard when you want to position something and for it to cut in a specific space.

This meant that I didn't get as many as I wanted to get cut today and so I have been working out how long it took to cut each one and then worked out how many I can get cut within the hour you are allowed to book with the laser cutter each day.

One took 5minutes, and so from this I could estimate how many I could produce in the hour restriction I have with the laser cutter. With a very short deadline, it was key to do this.



No comments:

Post a Comment