Monday 4 October 2010

Illustration Practice.



I came across this book on the interent called 'The Fundamentals of Illustration', by Laurence Zeegan, practicing Illustration I have found this book a brilliant reference. It is jam packed with interviews with illustrators from every field and work by these illustrators and many many more. It is full of useful legal tips, info on how to prepare a good portfolio and general background on illustration.


It's helped me look in more depth at this idea of professionalism within my practice and how to go about applying it and learn about it. It talks in detail about how to interpret briefs, which is really important within this module, especially as most of the briefs I'm doing for this project are to be completed in short space of time and so I need to establish what I want to do for the brief and how to interpret it quickly so I can get on with the creative work as quickly as possible.


Also in the book are examples of contemporary self-promotion, which is important in helping me to gather ideas and inspiration for the branding of my work throughout this module and how I want to promote myself as an illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment