Monday 18 October 2010

Residency: Progress...

Tonight I've been working on initial ideas for the wallpaper I'm producing for the living area, which is then being projected onto a bit of one of the walls...
With the theme of vintage from the group and the ultimate feel of our space being a quirky and vintage scene, I began looking into areas of the subject 'vintage' on the internet. But also my love for the womens' fashion and trend in the 50's took over a little bit - but hey, I guess that's what makes it 'me' and the style I work in.

The hat and idea of a headpiece screamed out to me and the fierce hairstyles which were worn in those days.

I liked the idea of using a side-profile and I've been looking at body image and this idea of beauty within my dissertation and image making recently, making it easy to place a mirror round the women image I put I wanted in the middle...


No comments:

Post a Comment