Saturday 9 October 2010

Final Pieces for Handmade III

Today I finished my pieces for hand made, it's been a mad week, with laser cutting sessions left right and centre and then screen-printing them all today! I think it's paid off though, being organised has what has made it happen, through writing copious lists and writing a timetable, managing my time, in college and out and designing.
I'm going to do this for every further project I set myself, it helps unbelievably! I'm happy with how they look, but I want to frame them somehow...

This morning I got in early to finish off the last of the laser cutting I wanted to get done and then in the afternoon I began screen-printing my designs onto the doilys. Getting back into screenprinting was really good! I tried to test this idea of 'perfection' by messing with the printing a little and making it 'not perfect', questioning what perfection and the beautiful is.
Below are just a few of the different combinations of paper and print I put together!...

I have quite a few variations of each one, but these are some that came out best...
I spoke to Matt briefly about not having the time to mark my work properly with my details and so we decided that pencil is a nice way if you don't have time. It looks simple but personal...

I really like the quality and line work of the illstrations screenprinted and also the black block colour with the contrast of one colour being used on the illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment