Tuesday 26 October 2010

'On The Wall 2' Devloping the Images...

Been working in my sketchbook the last couple of days putting together images in inks and pencil/pen of 1950s ladies and this idea of the fashion back then. All the sketches I do are going towards the jewelry idea, but also heavily thinking about the work I need to produce for Simon as well at the shop.

I've had trouble in imagining my images as posters which look finished and could be sold... They almost need something little to finish them off and so I have been re-searching into the idea of 'the vintage poster' looking at old posters on the internet and looking for inspiration...Came across this lovely website, which sells a massive range of posters, one specific collection it sells is titled 'Fashion - Vintage Art', so this is where I've been looking...

The thing I got from the most, was the idea of using colour in my images and also spacing/framing an image you already have, or it could be as simple as grouping objects I've painted and concentrating on arranging.

No comments:

Post a Comment