Monday 6 September 2010

Collecting: Leeds Art Gallery.

Today I went to collect my work from the Art Gallery and too take a quick peek at the open submissions exhibition. It was pretty embarrassing walking out of the gallery with my frame and work in my hand!

To be honest, I don't know whether I was just bitter and in a sulk because my work didn't get picked. but I wasn't overly impressed with the work displayed. Some of it was brilliant! There was a lovely piece which was 3d and was stamps cut into the silhouette of butterflies and put into a 'museum-esque' case/frame, with brilliant colours! But from other pieces, I just seemed to get the feeling they were in the exhibition because they were really different so stood out, but maybe not for the right reasons? But hey, it's all opinion based...

When I looked around at the work picked, I feel that now, I wish I had submitted my laser cuts as they would have stood out and been pretty different from things that were in there. Maybe there will be another opportunity to show these.

No comments:

Post a Comment