Sunday 5 December 2010

Be Ready For Anything...

So the snow just hasn't stopped over the last couple of days and college isn't open until Friday, which means that I am missing my alloted laser cutting time and also cannot visit the print room in Vernon Street, which therefore means that I will not have my cards printed or ready for the craft-fair on Sunday, not being able to show my new packaging designs.
Im pretty bummed out about it, but I will complete them before the deadline and just get feedback from creatives around me on the final outcome. Meanwhile I will package the brooches as I did for the last fair.
Before sanding it down...
After sanding it down, takes the burnt bits out of it, although sometimes I like to leave some in as it adds to this vintage look and gives it character...
A couple of darker brooches, they are a really nice shade...
Applying some boiled linseed oil, I have started putting a tiny bit of black ink into the linseed oil mix as it gives it a bit of colour, as well as bringing the grain of the wood out beautifully...
From feedback at the last Reetsweet, I am doing different sizes of the brooches now, as you can see by 'Michael and Moustache' below...
The perfume bottles below I am not going to sell, the wood I used was not American Cherry and they came out shit and stripey also as I was trying to sand the back to pop them out the wood as they hadn't cut all the way through, I sanded the front and it made the image really faint...oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment