Monday 12 July 2010

Leeds Art Gallery, Open Show subbmission.

The day before I went home for summer, I'd just read up on the fact that there was an open show at Leeds art Gallery and with nothing to loose, I'd decided to submit a piece from the work I'd just done for Simon. I got a letter through a couple of days ago telling me that my piece had not been selected for the open exhibition, it was a real shame as it would have been great to have had my work out there and especially in Leeds Art Gallery. Although I'm going to try for it next year as well! I guess it's all good experience and a learning curb...

Maybe I should have thought about it a little more, as in the piece I submitted and what would be more suited to the gallery, but I had to do it in a bit of a rush. I would definitely think more about what I submit next time, what would stand out from other work...?

I went to Leeds market to get a nice frame, which was dead cheap and worked with the image really well. It was a totally new experience and was the first time I'd had to fill in any sort of from about a piece of my work or write down how much I would want a piece of work to be sold for or how much I'd put down for insurance, it threw me a bit, but gave me the chance to think about my work in a more professional manner and think about what price I put on my work for people that might be looking at it, as the price is important in selling the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment